Tangy, creamy, and delicious, this hummus recipe is fast and healthy. It’s also made with ingredients that are attributed to Greek Longevity, particularly the Continue reading
What makes this chicken Greek is the wine, olives and capers. Dredging the chicken in flour creates a silky coating, seals in the juices, and Continue reading
I made this with dish with my daughters recently and they said it was better than the diner. Hi praise indeed. The secret is a good bottle of Marsala wine. Don’t waste your money and time with the cheap stuff.
What You’ll Need
chicken breasts, organic, 1 breast per person
whole wheat flour, 3 tbsp
olive oil, extra virgin, 3 tbsp
baby portabello mushrooms, sliced thin, 1 package
Marsala wine, good quality (a good liquor store will have it), 1 bottle
Salt & pepper to taste
- Poor your self a glass of wine. Lightly pound chicken flat and coat chicken with salt, pepper and flour.
- Saute in fry pan over medium heat with olive oil for 3-5 minutes per side until they’re almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in same pan, with a drizzle of olive oil, tossing frequently for 2 minutes.
- Pour Marsala wine over mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add chicken back to pan with mushrooms and continue to cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook for 5 more minutes. Repeat this process for 20 minutes more.
- Serve over whole wheat linguine or brown rice. Bon Appetite
Do you like beef but worry about the health consequences? I do too. That’s why I choose grass-fed beef for its health benefits, flavor, and sustainability. Continue reading