I made this with dish with my daughters recently and they said it was better than the diner. Hi praise indeed. The secret is a good bottle of Marsala wine. Don’t waste your money and time with the cheap stuff.
What You’ll Need
chicken breasts, organic, 1 breast per person
whole wheat flour, 3 tbsp
olive oil, extra virgin, 3 tbsp
baby portabello mushrooms, sliced thin, 1 package
Marsala wine, good quality (a good liquor store will have it), 1 bottle
Salt & pepper to taste
- Poor your self a glass of wine. Lightly pound chicken flat and coat chicken with salt, pepper and flour.
- Saute in fry pan over medium heat with olive oil for 3-5 minutes per side until they’re almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in same pan, with a drizzle of olive oil, tossing frequently for 2 minutes.
- Pour Marsala wine over mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add chicken back to pan with mushrooms and continue to cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and cook for 5 more minutes. Repeat this process for 20 minutes more.
- Serve over whole wheat linguine or brown rice. Bon Appetite